San Diego family vacations take you almost to the north of the Mexican border with its fabulous beaches and theme parks. Located in southern California, San Diego has the first Sea World ever in addition to a fantastic Zoo and a Wild Animal Park.
If that shouldn’t excite the wild child in you, take your family vacation up a notch at the Cabrillo National Park. What more could you possibly look for when planning a family trip to San Diego? Legoland, perhaps?
Have the time of your life as you relive your own childhood experiences with this wonderful invention.
- San Diego is best embodied in the cities with its classy shopping, entertainment venues, theatre, and art houses.
- Downtown Gaslamp is a good place to get your share of culture and history on your San Diego family vacation.
- Visit the Children’s Museum and the historic Old Town here for some quality family time. La Jolla and Del Mar are other cities in the vicinity you should include in your family trip to San Diego.
- Packed with great choice of outdoor activities, beaches, parks, and wildlife, your family trip to San Diego can and will surprise you with a few extraordinary features.
- Take the high bridge to Coronado Island. You are way above the ground surrounded by scenic beauty that may even bring about a lull in the back seat bickering.
- For more in the same genre, you have to visit the Balboa Park—a perfect spot to enjoy San Diego family vacations
The best part of your travels in San Diego would have to be the mild, sunny weather. July to September is when you can enjoy the beaches of San Diego in all its golden glory. This is when the heat makes everything simmer and sparkle.
If you prefer cooler climes, take your San Diego family vacations in the month of October.
The time to not plan a family trip to San Diego would be May to July when grey clouds cover the coast and the area is inflicted with what the local’s term, “June gloom”.
Find out More About San Diego
San Diego Tourist Attractions
If you are in the area, another great spot for a California family vacation is San Diego. Check out what is fun to do with the kids in San Diego.
Share this Page :
- Maui or Oahu Family Vacation 2023: Which Hawaiian Island is Better? - March 8, 2023
- 8 Best All Inclusive Family Resorts in Hawaii 2023 to Enjoy Paradise - February 21, 2023
- 10 Family Vacation Ideas That Will Knock Your Socks Off - February 19, 2023