If you are looking for a last minute family vacation deal or a romantic getaway for two you are in luck because the internet has really made finding last minute deals much easier than in the good old days when only travel agents had access to all that information.
In the past a travel agent would have to call around from supplier to supplier gathering information or get faxes to learn about those deals.
Now, even you at home, have access to thousands of last minute trips with the click of a mouse. Look and book, all in one shot.
You can save money and have a great vacation – what could be better? The key is to shop around and when you spot a deal – book it. The often don’t last long.
What really is a last minute deal?
- Usually it is travel that has been discounted from its original price close to the departure date.
- Tour operators often start reducing prices a month before departure. For cruise companies, they may discount 30 to 45 days before departure, so passengers still have time to get to the port of departure.
- Some airlines and hotels, may begin discounting two to three weeks ahead.
When to start looking….
- When looking for last minute family vacation deals, start shopping around about 6 weeks prior to your departure to get a good idea for prices and availability.
- Narrow down where you want to go and compare some prices. About 3 weeks prior to departure is probably your best time to book. When you notice packages begin to sell out, you want to book before you miss out on that deal.
- The prices only go so low and sometimes sell out before they really drop in price.
- It is trickier to get a last minute deal for family vacations because you do not have as much flexibility. When travelling with children, there are certain requirements that you want your resort to have such as a kids club or suitable beach etc. Therefore, it is important that you do your research first and narrow down suitable choices and then keep your eyes open for the deal!
Where to Find Last Minute Deals
Pick you favorites websites and check them regularly. Most online travel sites – like the ones below – have sections for last minute deals or sell offs.
Find Out More About Booking Last Minute Deals
About Booking Last Minute Vacations
What’s the first thought that comes to your mind when you hear the term “last minute vacation”? Most people immediately think of making vacation plans at the final hour, and for some that’s just the case. However booking a last minute vacation deal does not always mean making your decision on the spur of the moment.
Cheap Last Minute Family Vacations
When you’d like to have a bit of fun before summer ends but don’t really have the serious cash to go somewhere exotic, cheap last minute family vacations can still be a lot of fun.
- The 10 Best All Inclusive Resorts for Teens and Families - November 16, 2022
- Resort Nannies: Incredible Family Resorts with Nannies & Daycare - October 28, 2022
- Say Aloha to a Oahu Hawaiian Vacation:Family Fun On Oahu - October 24, 2022