Have you heard good things about family vacations in Anguilla? Anguilla is a small island in the Caribbean situated close to St Martin.
Despite the increasing numbers of tourists who flock to the Caribbean looking for a vacation in paradise, Anguilla has managed to stay relatively undeveloped and so if you’re looking for some excitement to go with the stunning ocean views, then you need to find another destination. However, if you’re looking for a taste of paradise that allows you to relax, exchange pleasantries with the people who live there, and just experience life at a slower pace, then Anguilla could very well be the perfect family beach vacation destination for you.
The capital of Anguilla is The Valley. Actually The Valley is the only community that could have town status on the island so this is where you’ll find banks, a post office and places to shop for groceries if you aren’t eating out at one the restaurants specializing in expertly cooked seafood. Whilst you’re in The Valley you should take a look at the Wallblake House that dates back 1787, and the church which has a ceiling that’s shaped like the hull from a ship.
Despite the size of Anguilla, there’s still an airport on the island for those who want to fly direct, but you could also fly into St Martin, and have part of your vacation there then take the ferry across to Anguilla (about 25 minutes). If you intend to do this however will need to organize your ride from the ferry stop which is about 4 miles out of The Valley – there’s no public transportation on the island.
Average temperature in Anguilla is around 80 degrees which makes it a nice hot Caribbean family vacation spot without being too hot. What you need to watch is the rainy season however, because the most rainfall is between August to November. The best time to go on family vacations in Anguilla is between May and August, when you stand the best chance of getting a good package deal and also avoiding the worst of the hurricane season (which generally runs from June 1 to November 30).
Family Activities on Anguilla
Most of the activities on Anguilla are connected to the ocean with diving, snorkeling and sailing being the most popular. For those who have a dream of riding a horse along a golden beach, this is a perfect setting to do it. Nature lovers will love the serenity of Anguilla with the many species of birds who migrate there from colder climates during the winter months, and if you’re lucky you might even spot a turtle laying its eggs on the shore.
Other suggestions for family fun include:
- Anguilla’s Dolphin Discovery
- Horseback riding at Seaside Stables
- Watersports at Anguilla Aquapark
- and of course relax at Sandy Island
How To Save Money on a Family Vacation to Anguilla?
- Get the cheapest connecting flights There are no direct flights from the United States to Anguilla, but you could take advantage of this inconvenience and convert it to savings. You could fly to St. Martin-St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and even Antigua or St. Kitts, and then take a regional carrier or ferry.
- Rent a villa You’ll pay more than you would in a hotel, but you’ll be able to avoid additional hotel fees, gratuities and be able to cook your own food.
- Speaking of dinner Shop at local markets for groceries and make your own meals where you’re staying, instead (if possible). You’ll save money by not eating out at a restaurant every night, while also learning how to cook new dishes that you’ll be able to recreate back home.
You will enjoy family vacations in Anguilla – a natural unspoiled paradise. A perfect place to leave all the stresses and strains of normal life and dedicate yourself to spending quality time with family and nature. And if the peace all gets a bit much, don’t forget St Martin is only 25 minutes away!
Find the best deal, compare prices and read what other families have to say about hotels in Anguilla
Experience the Ultimate Family Vacation in Paradise! Learn More about Beaches Turks and Caicos!
- The 10 Best All Inclusive Resorts for Teens and Families - November 16, 2022
- Resort Nannies: Incredible Family Resorts with Nannies & Daycare - October 28, 2022
- Say Aloha to a Oahu Hawaiian Vacation:Family Fun On Oahu - October 24, 2022