If you are looking for family reunion ideas , we have some suggestions. People often gather for family reunions during the summer months when children aren’t in school. Some even plan to travel as an extended family. Where are some great places to have a family reunion? You can choose places in the state you live, out of state, or even cruises to have family reunions.
Depending upon which state you live in and how much money you’re willing to spend, there are places all over the country that you could visit for a family reunion. Let’s look at some ideas for a family reunion, starting with places lower on the price totem pole.
Close to Home: Book a Community Centre
Almost every city has recreation centers or community buildings that can be rented. Most of these buildings have a kitchen, are air-conditioned, and the costs to rent them aren’t too high. If you are able to rent a recreation center, and it has a pool, you may be able to pay a little extra to rent the pool as well. This is one of the most economic places to hold a family reunion.
Visit a State Park for your Family Reunion
If your local recreation or community center isn’t available, you may want to research and find out what your state has to offer. Most state parks are great locations for family reunions. Perhaps you’ll only be able to rent a pavilion for your reunion, but you may be able to rent something bigger.
Check your state to see what accommodations are available. Some state parks have lodges or chateaus that you can rent for an extended period so those traveling long distance will have a place to stay. Plan on renting more than one if there will be a number of people traveling from out of state.
Visit a Theme Park for Your Family Reunion
If everyone in your family lives close to one of the major theme parks, you may decide as a family to meet at one of them. Be prepared to spend quite a bit of money, however. Major theme parks aren’t known for being a great economic value. The benefit of having a reunion at one of these is that there’s something for everyone in the family, which makes them great ideas for a family reunion.
Have a Beach Vacation Family Reunion!
Of course we think beach vacations are the greatest vacations, even for family reunions. The beach is a great place to allow those that want to relax to do so and those that want to be more acitive to do that too. Think BBQ’s, suntans and beach volleyball, building sand castles, swimming and snorkeling. For more ideas be sure to check out details for family reunion vacations.
Hold your Family Reunion on a Cruise Ship
Another great place to hold a family vacation reunion is on a cruise ship. Of course, this isn’t something that every family group will be able to do every year, but it might be an option for a special occasion such as the 50th wedding anniversary of the grandparents. This will take extra planning or saving, but with all of the activities available on a cruise ship, there will be something everyone can enjoy.
These are some basic ideas for ideas for a family reunion. They may not all be feasible for everyone, but there’s sure to be something out of the list that will give you a family reunion idea.
Now that you have some ideas of where to go, here are some simple tips of what to do and what NOT to do……………….
Family Reunion Ideas – Do’s and Don’ts
Did you know that summer and early fall are times that many families choose for their annual family reunion. If you haven’t been to a family reunion or a family vacation in a while, or at least your children haven’t, it might be a good idea to tell them the family reunion ideas do’s and don’ts.
Family Reunion Ideas – Things you want to do:
- Prepare your children by showing them pictures of people they may see there. You can try to teach your children all of the names, but don’t be surprised if they don’t remember them. By using photos, your child will at least have an idea of who people are. You will want to prepare your kids for the whole event, this is especially essential if your kids are young. Read more tips about preparing your kids for family reunions.
- Take along foods you know your family will eat. Family reunions are a great place to try new foods, but you’ll want to have some family favourites with you just in case the food doesn’t appeal to your children.
- Plan on taking more than you think you’ll need, especially where food is concerned. Bring enough to feed your family and more.
- Be polite with everyone, and teach your children to be so, as well.
- Spend time getting reacquainted with people you haven’t seen in a while.
- Make sure your little ones are well rested before you get to the reunion.
- Be prepared with swimming gear in case there is water nearby. If you don’t take swim suits, at least take along a change of clothes for all of the children.
- Have your camera ready to take pictures of the day. Get family groups together and take pictures in groups. You may want to have someone taking down names so you’ll be able to remember them when the time comes to create scrapbook pages or send copies to others.
- Get updated address and telephone numbers for those who attend.
Family Reunion Ideas – Things you don’t want to do:
- Don’t forget to thank the people that are hosting the reunion, especially if they’ve opened their home to have it.
- Don’t get offended if someone doesn’t remember you. You may have changed a good deal since the last time they saw you, or they’re getting older and their memory might not be as good as it once was.
- If you’ve had problems with a family member in the past, don’t hold a grudge. Don’t hold on to past hurts. Now is not the time to be petty.
- Don’t make your children be affectionate with people they don’t know. At any other time you’d warn your children about strangers. Let them get to know their family.
These are a few family reunion ideas do’s and don’ts, and you may be able to think of others that pertain to your family alone. Reunions are supposed to be a time to reconnect and have fun. If you do your family reunion planning right, you won’t stress out about the little details and you will be able to just go and enjoy yourself!
Share this Page :
- The 10 Best All Inclusive Resorts for Teens and Families - November 16, 2022
- Resort Nannies: Incredible Family Resorts with Nannies & Daycare - October 28, 2022
- Say Aloha to a Oahu Hawaiian Vacation:Family Fun On Oahu - October 24, 2022