Looking for a family golf vacation? Did you know that while staying at Beaches Resort in Jamaica, parents can take advantage of complimentary lessons and green fees at Sandals Golf and Country Club in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.
You may be looking for a family golf vacation or wishing to find out if Junior could be the next Tiger Woods, or perhaps simply sharing your love for the game. At this family all inclusive resort it is another great inclusion that can’t be beat.
Sandals Golf and Country Club – Jamaica
Home of the most elite 18–hole golf course in Jamaica, the country’s Sandals Golf and Country Club awaits golf enthusiasts both big and small. Surrounded by lush fauna just east of the resort town of Ocho Rios, the club is located 700 feet above sea level in Upton. Dominating the 120 – acre layout are the rolling terrain and the magnificent flowering and fruit trees.
While complimentary greens are included for guests staying at Beaches Resort in Jamaica and looking for a family golf vacation, complimentary round – trip transportation is provided to and from Beaches Ocho Rios.
Offering a challenging but fair 128 slope from the Blue Tees, the course is a comparatively short 6,311 yards and par 71. With a slope of 120, the ladies tee measures 4,961 yards, par 72.
Including a snack bar, beverage carts on the golf course for an additional cost, two practice areas which are one for adults and one for the juniors, a putting green with chipping area, a driving range and qualified golf instruction by a resident PGA Golf Professional are just some of the facilities at the golf course.
Even the littlest ones, one lesson per day is included for all Beaches guests who wish to learn the sport or just brush up on their swing on a family golf vacation. The club, known originally as the Upton Golf Club, opened its greens in 1951 as a nine–hole course.
Designed by P.K. Saunders, The original nine–hole layout changed in the early 1960’s to become the 18–hole course that is known today.
Sandals Resorts International, in June 1992, purchased the Upton Golf Club and set about creating the ultimate Caribbean golfing experience.
Removing all the existing crab grass and weeds, all the greens were rebuilt with Tifdwarf Bermuda grass. As one of the finest golf courses in the Caribbean, Sandals and Beaches Resorts boasts this today. The one who granted the course a four star rating for courses to play while on a family beach vacation is the Golf Digest Magazine.
Facts and Information of Sandals Golf and Country Club:
- It has 18 holes, par 71, 6,311 Yards
- For all Sandals and Beaches guests within Jamaica, complimentary Green Fees are given
- With adult supervision, the children under the age of 16 years can play with that condition.
- The Club golf Pro gives daily clinics for children with a minimum age for clinics that is 6 years old and free lessons for Beaches guests.
- Per day for 18 holes, Caddies are mandatory, $12 for 9 holes
- At $40 per cart for 18 holes, carts are optional, $ 25 for 9 holes
- $30 per rental on Wilson for Club Rentals and $45 per rental for Callaway’s
- Available in right hand only, junior clubs are provided free of charge
- Right and left hand, Callaway sets are available for men and women
- Including free socks but not available in children’s sizes, shoe rental available for $16 per day
*Please check directly with the resort – fees may change over time.
Share this Page :
- Tropical Bliss: Enjoy the Sun, Sand, & Sea in These 5 Exotic Paradise Destinations - January 3, 2024
- 36 Enchanting & Fun Things to do at Night in Oahu: Hawaii After Dark - November 15, 2023
- Awesome 5-Day Family Itinerary for the Florida Space Coast - November 2, 2023