Looking for family attractions in Fiji? Most people would say that choosing a destination for a family beach vacation is difficult. However, it really isn’t. In fact, taking the family to Fiji should be the sure answer to such a question. Fiji is located just a few thousand miles off of Brisbane, and there are daily flights from Sydney.
There are also a few flights a week from Melbourne and Brisbane. Overall, getting to the area isn’t difficult at all.
There’s also no need for much preparation, health-wise, except to bring lots of sun block to protect yours and your family’s skin from the Pacific sun. It’s also recommended to always drink bottled water, as some of the more remote islands have unreliable tap water.
More than the technicalities, however, the following are the real reasons why you should go for family vacations in Fiji. The reasons include more than just family attractions in Fiji or sightseeing tours – but we have the top 5 too!
Families Love Fiji Because of the Culture
The culture of Fiji makes for a fun experience for both parents and children during family vacations in Fiji. The entire area is a melting pot of different cultures, from Asian to Indian to European. It’s both an educational and exciting place to be. If you can, try to go on one of their village tours and experience how the locals live their daily lives.
They also have several singing and dancing performances during the day and night, which all members of the family will surely enjoy and remember as their favourite family attractions in Fiji. Apart from this, the local villages have farmer’s markets, which offer the best in fresh seafood and local fruits and vegetables.
It’s a healthy alternative to the processed food that are sometimes used in restaurants back home, or even in some of the resort dining areas, for those who are much more health conscious.
Families Love Fiji Because of the Resorts
All resorts in Fiji have incorporated child-friendly spots and activities for your kids. The Fijian tourist authority and resort owners take family vacations in Fiji seriously. Most resorts will have kids’ clubs for your children, with activities such as arts and crafts, swimming lessons, diving lessons, and even outdoor camps designed for particular age groups.
These kids’ clubs also often include massive theater and entertainment systems, as well as game rooms.
For teenagers, many also boast of safe, wholesome, quality night-time entertainment.
One of the family recommended resorts in Fiji is Castaway Island. With the Castaway Island Kids Club your kids will have tons of fun with a Fijian twist all the while being supervised. There are nannies available for the younger set if Mom and Dad want a break or maybe get a massage. For the older kids, there are water sports galore, scuba diving and lots of other activities.
Families Love Fiji Because of the People
Fijians are a friendly group of people who are great with kids – and making adults happy! As a people, Fijians have been known to take well to kids, which explain why a lot of their nanny services are both affordable and trust-worthy.
You can choose to have them watch your kids while you enjoy the resorts’ services and activities for grown-ups.
Take a romantic stroll on the beach, learn to scuba dive or get a couple’s massage while in-house nannies take care of your kids. You will also realize that a lot of the restaurants serve meals that are especially designed for children, with certain resorts even having a restaurant that serves food particularly catering to young children’s’ tastes, as well as in child-friendly servings.
Top 5 Family Attractions in Fiji
1. Navala Village: A quaint village where the houses (bures) are still built using the traditional materials such as bamboo walls and thatched roofs. There is an entrance fee and your visit will include a welcoming ceremony.
2. Bouma National Park Fij: A tropical rain forests that is sure to delight. With forests, volcanic peaks and steep cliffs that offer breathtaking vistas of the sea. Plan to spend the day.
3. Nananu-i-Ra Island Day tours: This small island off the cost of Viti Levu is accessed by boat. There is swimming and snorkeling in the lagoon and on the other side – wind surfing and kite surfing.
4. Helicopter and Seaplane Tours: You have seen the pictures of those turquoise seas, what better way to experience those views than from the air. In the mountains, you may also see the waterfalls.
5. Mamanuca Islands Day Cruise: With more than 30 small islands to in the area, there is plenty to see. Some have luxury resorts, some are uninhibited. Dolphin watching, snorkeling, fishing and a beach BBQ – sounds like a great way to spend the day.
In addition to these amazing family attractions in Fiji, Fijians will always do their best to make you comfortable…one of the, if not THE, best reasons to choose to have family beach vacations in Fiji.
Share this Page :
- Tropical Bliss: Enjoy the Sun, Sand, & Sea in These 5 Exotic Paradise Destinations - January 3, 2024
- 36 Enchanting & Fun Things to do at Night in Oahu: Hawaii After Dark - November 15, 2023
- Awesome 5-Day Family Itinerary for the Florida Space Coast - November 2, 2023