Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii was named World’s Best Hotel for Families in the United States by TravelandLeisure.com. The Disney Cruise Line was ranked Top Mega-Ship Cruise Line for Families; and the Rothschild Safaris is voted Top Adventure Outfitter for Families in the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards for Families.
The complete list of World’s Best Hotels for Families and other Awards winners is available on www.TravelandLeisure.com
Here are the highlights of the list from the Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards for Families:
World’s Best Hotels For Families By Region:
Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa Ko Olina, Hawaii
Four Seasons Resort & Residences Whistler, British Columbia
Castello di Casole – A Timbers Resort Casole d’Elsa, Italy
CARRIBEAN, BERMUDA + BAHAMAS
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita
CENTRAL + SOUTH AMERICA
Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa Thailand
AFRICA + THE MIDDLE EAST
Giraffe Manor Nairobi, Kenya
AUSTRALIA + NEW ZEALAND + THE SOUTH PACIFIC
InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa French Polynesia
Top Adventure Outfitter For Families:
Top Cruise Lines For Families:
Royal Caribbean International
Paul Gauguin Cruises
Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection
Top Ten World’s Best Hotels For Families In The U.S.:
1. Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa Ko Olina, Hawaii – Aulani is definitely geared toward families and children. It’s like a Disney water park on a tropical island. Luxury property with great sunset views, great beach and pools for swimming. Impressive Kids’ club and Disney special treats such as character brunches are available.
2. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Lake Buena Vista, Florida – View live safari animals such as giraffes, zebras, and antelopes from many rooms and Resort overlooks. The Resort is known for its amazing food! Like the lobby, guest rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge have an African safari theme and all rooms have balconies, many of which overlook one of the property’s four savannas to view the animals.
3. Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort Kiawah Island, South Carolina – This resort with its scenic bike paths and marshes, amazing parks, and kid-friendly activities, Kiawah Island offers the ideal setting for an all-ages family getaway. Strike the perfect balance between fun and relaxation at this family friendly resort.
4. Cloister at Sea Island, Georgia – The Cloister at Sea Island has been a muti-generational destination for decades. For those of us that didn’t grow up in Georgia, it’s a beach resort along the Georgia coast with lots of family freindly activities to do in the area. Spas that welcome children are rare to come by at resorts, which is one reason to love the Cloister even more. Kids 8 to 15 are welcome with “Youth and Beauty Facials” and “Head, Hands and Feet” treatments.
5. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Big Island, Hawaii – All all Four Seasons Resorts, the Hualalai is luxurious but it’s also very kid-friendly. The resort’s nice Sea Shell Pool and beach area is central to the resort. This is the place where most of the kids congregate and play. A nearby Kids’ club provides daily activities for children ages 5 to 12. Family friendly food choices are also available and makes it a great choice for families looking for the ultimate Hawaiian luxury family vacation.
6. Hammock Beach, a Salamander Golf & Spa Resort Palm Coast, Florida – Located on a pristine private beach between historic St. Augustine and Daytona Beach, Florida’s multi-award-winning Hammock Beach Golf Resort & Spa is an exclusive golf destination that the whole family can enjoy. You can book surfing lessons for the kids, rent bikes and explore the coast together, or enjoy a program of unique seasonal experiences, such as s’mores and stargazing on fall evenings.
7. Tides Inn Irvington, Virginia – The Tides Inn and Resort is ‘a luxurious retreat’ and is on the worlds best hotels for families list for a reason. A unique treasure of Virginia’s Northern Neck region nestled on a private peninsula on Carter’s Creek, The Tide’s Inn resort enjoys scenic panoramic views and is perfect for a family getaway. Kid friendly with a kids club and even pet friendly too. There are a number of activities to suit everyone’s interests.
8. Disney’s Vero Beach Resort Florida – Get a taste of Disney without leaving the coast at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. There’s fun for all ages with mini golf and a chiYeldren’s pool, and in-room childcare is an added bonus. There are character meals available at Vero Beach for a fraction of the cost as ones you might find at Walt Disney World but keep in mind you are a few hours from Disney.
9. Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa Texas – This family getaway destination in Texas is known for its awesome water park, golf, kids activities, cute animals on the property, fishing, and pampering spa services, too. It is located between Austin and Bastrop on the Lower Colorado River, the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines offers a perfect family vacation.
10. Disney’s Yacht Club Resort Lake Buena Vista, Florida – As Disney Deluxe resorts, the Yacht Club and Beach Club provide excellent service. They offer nine restaurants and lounges and are within walking distance of Epcot and the BoardWalk. Some rooms can accommodate 6 people which is a plus for large families. There is a lazy river, waterslides and kids pools for you family to enjoy after the day at Disney is done.
So which of these world’s best hotels for families are on your bucket list?
- Tropical Bliss: Enjoy the Sun, Sand, & Sea in These 5 Exotic Paradise Destinations - January 3, 2024
- 36 Enchanting & Fun Things to do at Night in Oahu: Hawaii After Dark - November 15, 2023
- Awesome 5-Day Family Itinerary for the Florida Space Coast - November 2, 2023