Africa family vacations can be taken as a beach vacation or as part of a wildlife safari for which the country is known for. Whether beaches or wildlife, Africa has plenty of both to offer.
Often characterized by a beauty that is wild and barbaric, the coastal regions however, are marked by a tranquility that might be found on the face of a dozing lion.
There’s definitely more to experience when on a family beach vacation in Africa.
Best Places to Visit for Family Vacations
The best venues for a family beach vacation in Africa are to be found in Tanzania, Kenya, Mozambique, and South Africa. There are also the fabulous islands, Seychelles, Mauritius, and others floating in the expanse of the Indian Ocean—each a perfect piece of paradise and ideal family beach vacation destinations.
Kenya is firmly on the tourist map for its multi-faceted attractions. With its fabulous tropical coastline, family beach vacation is certainly one of them.
The southwest region of Kenya is where you have the dramatic landscape of Mombasa Island. Here’s where you’ll find some of the world’s best beaches.
The Diani Beach resort is a popular Africa family vacation region with luxury accommodation, all modern facilities, and plenty of water sport opportunities. What’s more spectacular would be the coral reef which breaks the strong surf and offers relatively calm waters for you to frolic in. The silver white sands are perfect for kids to wallow in and for you to work placidly on a golden tan.
Other areas in Kenya that are ideal family vacation beaches would be Malindi and Lamu each with its own brand of beauty.
Where Are Other Beaches to Visit in Africa?
Some of the most family friendly beaches are to be found along the coast of South Africa. Pleasant weather, golden sunshine, and dramatic landscapes make this the ultimate family beach vacation destination.
- From whale watching to swimming with sharks, the amount of excitement on offer is truly amazing. Take the fabulous Garden Route to Plettenberg Bay with two superb beaches—Lookout and Robberg. Monkeyland and Elephant Park in the vicinity definitely qualify as added attractions.
- St. Lucia grants a shade of turquoise to your family beach vacation as you laze in this small fishing village with a large heart.
- Cape Vidal offers snorkeling and deep sea fishing opportunities, or you may want to check out the Game Reserve.
- Margate is another coastal region with a handful of excellent beaches. Try your hand at kayaking, abseiling, surfing, or snorkeling. The Main Beach here is the proud owner of a blue flag, which means it’s safe and perfect for kids.
- Hermanus in Western Cape is where your Africa family vacation gets up close and personal with wild life such as whales and dolphins. An annual Whale Festival is when the town celebrates this integral aspect of life in Africa.
- The Old Harbour holds plenty for history buffs, while the Fernkloof Nature Reserve tells you all about the local flora. Popular beaches in the area are Grotto and Voelklip.
Top Family Vacation Destinations in Africa
- Tropical Bliss: Enjoy the Sun, Sand, & Sea in These 5 Exotic Paradise Destinations - January 3, 2024
- 36 Enchanting & Fun Things to do at Night in Oahu: Hawaii After Dark - November 15, 2023
- Awesome 5-Day Family Itinerary for the Florida Space Coast - November 2, 2023