When it comes to picking family vacation spots for your beach vacation, it can be very hard to pick a destination. There are many places you can go, whether you want to explore the beaches of Hawaii or just play golf in Georgia. Below, you’ll find 10 ideas to help you decide on where to go for your vacation.
According to to the travel rental site HomeAway.com, the average American family takes two family vacations a year, and one of those trips is to visit to relatives. Some may need a little inspiration for the second trip— you know your real family vacation? Some of the best kept secrets among avid travelers are places in the U.S. with great beaches, nightlife, and solitude. Not necessarily in that order. Throw in kids and there will also be the need for family friendly activities and restaurants that won’t break the budget.
The one mention on the list that did not surprise me what Virginia Beach, that is a very popular family vacation destination and one we recommend on Best Family Beach Vacations also. That being said however, there were other family vacation spots on the list in Alabama, Georgia and Missouri that you and I had not thought of.
It’s always great to find some place new to visit with the family, especially when it is within driving distance or a short flight away.
So lets get to it, here are ten of the best hidden gem family vacation spots in the U.S and the Caribbean:
- Charleston, South Carolina – Named after King Charles II of England, Charleston was originally called ‘Charles Towne.’ Today it is the oldest and second largest city in South Carolina, and offers visitors a variety of interesting features and activities. History buffs, for instance, have plenty to see and discover, since the city dates all the way back to 1670. As a result it has adopted the slogan: “Charleston: Where History Lives.” With scores of historic buildings, and several Civil War sites (including a Civil War battleship monument), one can almost feel the Old South come alive in this sunny southern harbor town. Art lovers will also be able to appreciate Charleston as one of the top 25 art destinations in the U.S., according to the magazine American Style.
- Choose a Hawaii Resort
You can choose to put your frequent flier miles to good use and take a beach vacation on the islands of Hawaii. Here, you can relax on the beach, swim in the ocean, play golf, and even indulge in one of the many innovative spa treatments. Hawaii enjoys some of the best weather in the world – making it a great choice for your beach vacation. Check out Disney’s Aulani Resort for a great family resort.
- Golf and Beach in Georgia
Popular among the East Coast, the Cloister at Sea Island in Georgia offers you 54 holes of championship golf, sandy beaches, and a wide array of things for you to do.
- Oahu beach vacation
At the Kahala Mandarin Oriental you can expect to be pampered like never before. You can visit the spa, take scuba diving classes, or choose to swim it up with the dolphins. The Oahu resort is conveniently located 15 minutes away from and Waikiki Beach.
- Virgin Islands vacation
At this vacation destination you can enjoy blue waters and sandy beaches. The Ritz Carlton, and
St. Thomas resorts offer you the best of luxury hotels during your beach vacation in the Virgin
- Half Moon Bay California
Located just 30 minutes by car away from San Francisco, the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay is a
quick beach vacation away from the normal busy life of the city. Love this option for California vacations.
- Luxury Beach Resort of Bermuda
Two hours away by flight from New York City, Bermuda is a quick and ideal vacation away from the East Coast. Ariel Sands offers you 47 guest rooms with gourmet food and breathtaking views.
- Family Fun in Jamaica
With unique rooms and splendid views of the Caribbean, gourmet cuisine and amazing beaches,
Beaches resort in Jamaica helps to set the beach vacation mood like never before. Our fav for a family vacation that the kids will never forget.
- Lakeside Resort Georgia
Near Atlanta Georgia, the Lake Lanier Islands offers a golf course for golf lovers and a waterpark with several water rides, slides, and water attractions. OUR TIP – they offer winter getaways as well
- Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach offers something for everyone, making it a truly perfect vacation destination for families with kids of any age. A Virginia Beach family vacation includes sun, sand, surf and plenty of entertainment for everyone in the family. In other words, a great choice of family vacation spots
- Maui or Oahu Family Vacation 2023: Which Hawaiian Island is Better? - March 8, 2023
- 8 Best All Inclusive Family Resorts in Hawaii 2023 to Enjoy Paradise - February 21, 2023
- 10 Family Vacation Ideas That Will Knock Your Socks Off - February 19, 2023